Skip to main content

How To Make A Statement In Workwear


Workwear. It's hard to navigate when most fashion trends aren't business-appropriate right? How do you stay fashionable when working in an office, retail, or even remotely. Even I have struggled to know what to wear in the morning, but after 9 years of working full-time in fashion, I think I've finally cracked the ways in which I can exercise my creativity in my workwear looks and still be appropriately dressed for the environments I work in. 


Tailoring - Blazers

Traditional tailoring is perfect for an authoritative job role and tailoring pieces are a wardrobe staple every person should have. I love combining masculine-tailored pieces with feminine ones for that androgynous look and using a blazer for this timeless trend is one of the easiest ways to look like you mean business when walking into work. One of my favourite ways of styling masculine tailoring is by layering blazers over camisoles, highlighting my decolletage and shaping my waist with a thick belt and then of course finishing the look with a pair of classic heels. 
One of my go-to brands to purchase tailored pieces from, especially blazers is Zara- you can check out their newest collection of blazers here or shop my picks below. 

Sweater Vests

 Sweater vests are so popular in Scandinavia and I can totally see why. They're classic pieces that with the right styling, can make a real statement and I love how versatile they can be. I never get bored of styling mine by layering other knitwear, blouses and texture clashing. 

Statement Printed Shirts & Blouses 

With 70s fashion coming back in style, statement prints are everywhere. A print is a great way of bringing character to an otherwise dull monochromatic outfit. I've been collecting true vintage shirts and blouses for a few years now and don't intend on stopping purchasing them any time soon. If you're feeling up for a challenge then try pattern clashing. Pairing a printed top with a different printed bottom is so much fun to experiment with and bearing in mind there are no rules to fashion, you can't go wrong. 

Colourful Accessories

When all else fails bright accessories are my backup plan. Headbands, silk scarves, and earrings are the three types of accessories I think everyone should have in their wardrobes. Most of my silk scarves are vintage but you can find them on the high street also. I love silk scarves for how versatile they are, I tied them in my hair, around my neck or waist, and on my handbag straps. Scarves, earrings and headbands can really tie an outfit together by focusing on colour combinations, or if an outfit is lacking colour, using these three accessories can turn any dull look into a vibrant one by using the colour pop trend we've seen being done everywhere in 2022. 















 

Comments