Skip to main content

We Moved - Our First Forever Home


I finally have my name on a place! My very own apartment. Though I am only renting this place, it really does feel like it's mine and Nicolai"s. Our first forever home has enough rooms to create a family space and memories in. I can't believe it! 

Nicolai and I have been dying to get our own place for a while now. Sharing with a housemate had its challenges and on top of that we didn't have the best of luck where damages were concerned; mold, ceiling leaks, drainage issues, heating issues, and even our possessions being stolen and damaged... yeah it was time to look for something that we didn't feel had a bad omen in it. We started looking almost a year ago and came very close to moving into a few places, but nothing was perfect, call me spoilt but I wanted a place I could live out the next ten or so years in. I craved that stability after moving abroad. A place to call my very own and see a future in. Luckily - we found it and it has a bathtub!!! 

 

It's safe to say I'll be doing a lot of blog posts on decorating this new place. I've always loved interior design, the excitement of painting my bedroom walls from a young age has followed me into adulthood and I'm now picking up paint swatches wherever I go. Admittedly we're still living in an unorganized mess but we're slowly getting there. You can follow along our creative process of decorating this place over on my Instagram highlights, where I'll be sharing updates regularly and asking for advice even, and slowly I will be adding posts on here, in the life section of my blog about all things #sparkshome


Comments