Skip to main content

My Go-to Quarantine Makeup


Let me ask you this, do you remember the last time you plucked your eyebrows? Or wore a new lipstick? Or even moisturised your face? Just because we're in quarantine does not mean we have to throw out our beauty routine completely. For me, wearing that little bit of makeup makes me want to get dressed properly and still be social- even if it is just by posting a look online, and conversing in the comments of the post. For some that little bit of normality can really help in keeping a positive outlook while we stay home and save lives. 


Here's my go-to makeup look while at home.

Moisturiser: Since my natural skin texture has changed from a mixture to completely dry while on Roaccutane), E45 Cream has been a godsend in stopping my skin feeling itchy and looking flaky and has worked so well with the rest of my makeup- making my skin appear more dewy and glowy under my base. I apply it with clean fingers and make sure only to dab around my eyes for a softer application- wrinkles stay away!

Base: In the last couple of years foundation has become a rarity for me to wear. I love the more natural skin approach to makeup now and foundation does not offer me that finish, so even now in quarantine I've chosen to keep to my trusted concealer and transparent powder combo. Applying my favourite The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under the eyes with an Expert Concealer Brush by Real Techniques to brighten and lift my heavy bags. And then using Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder over the whole face with a Real Techniques Soft Complexion Brush to help correct any uneven skin tones that have occurred with the sleepless nights I've been having. I honestly love this combo for when I'm working and for my days off as it's weightless and tends to last without texturising on my t-zone.

Blush: Blush has become my favourite part of my makeup. I live for a rosy cheek and even add a little to the tip of my nose every now and then for a cute animated look. I've been having lots of fun switching up the shades I use in my Venus XL Palette by Lime Crime as it's so versatile and can be used on the eyes, cheeks and face.

Eyebrows: I'm a tough cookie but plucking my eyebrows is definitely my weakness so for that reason I instead use the Veet Sensitive Precision Trimmer every two weeks. It's, of course, an easy tool to make mistakes with so I keep things as natural as I can and just shave where there are loose hairs. Sticking to that more natural eyebrow look, I've chosen to leave out my usual Benefit brow products and just use my Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in shade Black Brown to give colour and definition without looking too carved and precise.

Eyes: I've been a bit lazy when it comes to eyeshadow and honestly although I have all the time in the world now to create gorgeous eye looks, I still prefer to just use a little mascara, slip a flesh colour eyeliner in my waterline and be done. My go-to mascara since January has been Le Volume De Chanel Mascara. At first, I wasn't crazy for this as it can look clumpy if applied quickly, but when taking your time it can look feathery and feel as light as one.

Lips: Lastly, lips. While at home I haven't felt like doing my vintage red lipstick or wearing anything too mattifying like a liquid lip but as I still love and want a good vintage element to my sofa day look, I chose to go for Besame's Portrait Pink Lipstick- the perfect subdued pink that is just enough to still make me feel that little bit glam.

Comments