Skip to main content

5 ways I Spice Up My LDR Sex Life


I never really thought to write a post like this but since more couples are now long distant what with social distancing, it seems like an appropriate time to chat and share some of my advice (cringe)- family don't read this post! 

Keeping things intimate and exciting while you aren't in the same room may seem impossible but for long distant couples like myself and Nicolai, it's a complete norm to have to put in a lil more effort to be intimate when miles are separating us. It can be a lil awkward at first but for those who get in the rhythm of it, it can be very fun and can even improve your sex life when you do see each other. 


  


1. Take advantage of technology 
We're so lucky we don't live in the age of only being able to send letters. Video chats, apps, sex toys, and photo sharing are godsends for couples who need a lil inspiration when their imagination is burnt out. Just remember to do it at your own pace and legally.


2. Communication
Intimacy isn't just about sex, it's about communication. I strongly believe Nicolai and I are as strong as we are because of our commitment to talking to each other. Talk about your fantasies, your feelings, and your future together. It takes practice to open up like this but once you've got the hang of it, your bond will be stronger and will be reflected in your sex life. 


3. Research
Planning and getting some inspiration through research will never fail. I remember a time where I sent an inspo photo to Nicolai and he remembered that inspiration for four months until we finally saw each other again. Once we put that inspiration to good use, we found we had nothing to lose and kept using research to spark new experiences together. 


4. Date nights
Do you miss watching films together or going out to eat, or having your date nights end in fun? You can still have those nights while on the phone. Use Netflix Party to watch something at the same time or call each other while cooking the same recipe and eat it together. Get creative in trying to recreate the date nights you do in person and they can still end sexually. 


5. Lingerie
One thing I love to do is give my partner tasks in picking the new lingerie I'm going to buy. Or if I feel like teasing I'll send him a link to the website I'm purchasing from and not tell him what I'm buying. I then save that lingerie for when we are physically together again. It's a great way to create some healthy sexual tension and excitement and leaves no space for disappointment. 


 
Photos taken by my fiancé while staying at the Copenhagen Plaza Hotel

Shop the look: 



Comments