Skip to main content

I Said Yes!


Pinch me, am I actually writing this? IM ENGAGED?! *looks down at the ring on my finger* 
Yes. It's true, on Saturday the 1st of February, just after 10pm, Nicolai proposed. 

Getting married was something we had spoken about. After all, I talk about weddings and brides a lot as I work as a bridal consultant. And Nicolai has said he thought about it a lot in the run-up to my visit. However, getting engaged while I was visiting him for my birthday was not what I had expected in the slightest. Admittedly I thought of proposing myself and doing it on the anniversary of when we first met. Great minds think alike. Here we are both wearing engagement rings (a danish tradition for men to also wear a ring) and planning to wed next year. 
The proposal itself was simple. He didn't get down on one knee or have someone taking photos in a public place. Instead, he got home from work, sat in bed with me, gave me the box the ring was in and popped the question. While crying happy tears and squeaking out a million yeses he put it on my finger. "I promised myself I wouldn't cry when this happened" who was I kidding? I was a tearful giggling mess. Nicolai did so well at picking the ring and popping the big question in a more intimate setting (because who wants to cry in public? Not me!)


I've been in my engagement bubble ever since that night and smiling from ear to ear whenever someone mentions his name or our wedding. Being able to relate in the excitement at work now is a strange feeling, it's like I'm apart of a community and makes the situation all that more real and different to when I was just dressing brides as a consultant with a boyfriend.

Thank you to anyone and everyone whos already sent us a congratulations message or comment on social media and for being apart of the best most exciting thing to have happened to me- to date. I can't wait to share this journey with all of you!

Comments