Skip to main content

Why Nyborg Beach Is My New Favourite Place


I'm a city girl so it's no surprise that the beach would be a place I love when I finally do get on one. My month in Denmark proved to me that Nyborg beach will forever be one of my favourites. Not because of cliche reasons like sun, warm waters and paradise location- it's not often that kind of beach year-round but it is somewhere I've experienced some of my fondest memories- here's just a few of them.



My first shooting star
On the second day of my trip this September, my boyfriend and I decided to take a walk to the beach at night. The sky was beautiful that night so my boyfriend hoped to capture a few photos and while I sat on a pier bench with a hot chocolate, I saw my first ever shooting star. I actually screamed with excitement and started crying with disbelief. It was pretty magical and ever so slightly romantic to experience it with my love.


Watching the sunrise 
After a night out back in July, I walked home on the beach and I think it hit me that early morning that in the years to come I'll eventually call Denmark my home. I had seen sunrises from my bedroom window, from airport lounges but never from a beach. It was like a setting out of a movie. I didn't say a single word and instead took in the beauty of it all.


This Photoshoot
I asked my boyfriend what one of his fondest memories is when we've been to the beach and he said "the shoot we did and the photo of you smiling. That was amazing for me because it showed what I see when I think of you. Your smile, laughter and your frankly amazing looks". I certainly blushed after hearing that. But when I think of it, I myself love that memory. It was a fun shoot and not anything close to serious. My work mode wasn't on at all nonetheless the photos turned out great hence me using them here and from my point of view, seeing my boyfriend behind the camera in an element he doesn't share with everyone had me in slight owe.


After writing this I'm wondering what else I can add to my favourite memories on this beach and I guess to answer that I'm just going to have to book my next flight over and get my feet back in that sand. 


Outfit Details:
Similar cardigan here

Comments