Skip to main content

Vivien Of Holloway Work Outfits



Working for a vintage reproduction brand like Vivien of Holloway means putting a lot of effort into your appearance. You're not just throwing on clothing by the brand. You're hair, makeup and accuracy in the way you wear the clothes are so important. When a customer walks in the door of the boutique they're meant to feel like they've walked back in time to a boutique from the 1950s- served like they would have been back then, by employees with the same bubbly attitude like those serving in that era. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get up two hours prior to leaving the house so I can take time doing my makeup, hair and picking the right outfit for the season and day. On weekdays Vivien allows us to wear whatever we like; trousers, skirts, playsuits- it's up to us to decide what our personal look for the brand is. Weekends are for dresses. Showcasing some of the best clothing the brand creates, like their halterneck circle dresses and Jezebel dresses. It's a lot of fun planning the look and making sure we're never wearing the same thing as any of the other girls are (believe me, that's happened a handful of times and it's pretty funny). I change up my look often, with different hairstyles, using wigs and my own hair and different makeup looks depending on if I'm going for a more early 40s look or late 50s look.

Although fashion in the 40s and 50s were believed to be uncomfortable what with the use of structured lingerie and cinched in waists, I've found Vivien Of Holloway to be some of the most comfortable vintage repro pieces I have in my wardrobe to do date.

Here are just a few of the outfits I've loved wearing at work recently. 





When I discovered the brand a few years ago, pedal pushers were at the top of my list of clothing I loved and wanted to have multiple pairs of. They're the perfect trousers for those busy spring days when you want to be stylish but still comfortable. My new favourite colour is the lemon pair. My go-to way of styling these is with a shirt and bandana, as photographed above. 





When the Valentine print came in early January, I was swooning over it. 
The halterneck pencil and circle skirt are the perfect all year round pieces and one of my favourite patterns for wedding season. 




Probably my favourite skirt I own is this velvet pencil. It fits me like a glove as well as being entirely versatile in style. I love dressing this down with a pair of flats but when at work I style it with heels and an array of vintage-styled tops.  








Comments