Skip to main content

My Favourite Beauty Products of 2018


2018 is well and truly over and I can say it definitely was the year of discovering some of my favourite beauty products that I'll be using for years to come. Instead of photographing every product I decided to showcase a few of them in a makeup look, as it has been a while since I've done one of those. 


Face:


I didn't try a lot of new products for the base of my face in 2018 as I know what works for me and see no reason to experiment with that area. However, I knew I needed to change the contour shade I was using over winter, so switching from the original Benefit Hoola to the Hoola Lite bronzer was the perfect transition for when I'm not tanned. Sticking to my love of beauty brands with a vintage style, I discovered Soap and Glory in 2017, the de-clog mask became a must in my monthly pamper session. I love this product as its gentle on my sensitive skin and still does its job of unclogging my pores and getting rid of any blackheads around my nose area.  

Brows:

Brow wise, three products I've been loving the most are two pencils and a brow gel. 
I've mentioned the Laura Mercier eyebrow pencil in a post before and since first trying it out I've used it at least twice a week for work and simple everyday looks. It's great if you want a brow that doesn't take loads of time to draw in and is almost smudge proof. The Benefit Precisely, my brow eyebrow pencil differs as it's so much thinner than any other eyebrow pencil I've used before. It's perfect when you want to carve out a brow tail and draw in hairs at the front or have a thinner brow like they did in the 1920s and early 1930s. Brow gels may be the most underrated product in someone's makeup bag, I've used a couple from drug store brands but none live up to the Lime Crime Bushy brow gel definer. I prefer this brow gel to others I've tried as the applicator is very small meaning its easy to use for whatever brow shape you have and doesn't leave a shiny finish over your hairs. It's also a reasonable price when compared to other brands similar to Lime Crime. 

Eyes:


Unfortunately, a lot of the products I wanted to mention as favourites, are sold out and limited edition so the two I could mention were these; the le stylo ultra slim liquid eyeliner by Chantecaille is the thinnest liner I've ever used. Its the blackest black and doesn't dry out even when left open for more than five minutes- so for all us girls who take time doing our liner, this is a must-have. Its no surprise I'd mention another Lime Crime product, the Venus XL palette may just be my favourite purchase of 2018. Like the rest of the venus palettes, this one is pigmented, doesn't have a great amount of fall out and is so creamy. As the palette is filled with pink tones they work perfectly for vintage looks meaning I've not stopped using it for my eyes and cheeks at work. But if intense pink eye looks aren't your thing and you only want a slight wash of colour over the lid, shades like idolized and blank canvas are my go tos.

Lips:


For my lips, I was drawn to a lot of nude and red shades over the course of 2018. A nude goes with any and every eye look you create so at the start of the year I was on the hunt for one that was as light and almost skin like to me. After trialling out a few, I found the NYX extra creamy round lipstick in shade circe was perfect. It sits comfortably, doesn't need many retouches throughout the day and looks great with dark eyeshadows (look out for a post coming soon on that). There's something magical about red shade lipsticks. Maybe its the fact no shade is the exact same or maybe its that its a lip shade that never has gone out of style. When at work I tend to wear lip liners and pencils over liquid lipsticks as they're more comfortable to wear over a long period of time. The Rimmel exaggerate automatic lip liner in shade red diva has been a love of mine so much over 2018, I rebought it 3 times. Its become one of my favourites as it doesn't bleed and is a true vintage red. 

Extras:


Lace front auburn wig
Soap and Glory body moisturiser


What are some of your favourite items you tried out in 2018?





Comments