Skip to main content

Vintage Makeup with a Modern Twist






The iconic vintage/pin up makeup look has always been a favourite of mine and the one look I've worn for years now. However when I have days off work and don't want to be in the full 1950s glam (clothing wise), I still love the makeup look. The other day was definitely one of those days and with a quick glam on the face I came up with a modern take for the iconic 50s makeup style- my usual filled in yet still natural brow shape, a smoked out black liner, and a pink lip instead of red. The modern take is due to the smoked out liner which when my eyes are closed or I'm looking down, I love! 

Something that shocked me while writing this post, was realising how much money was on my face and although luxury brands are not a common feature in my beauty collection, I had to include the three products below. They're all from brands I'd never really look into using, but after giving them a go I'm obsessed with the liner and brow pencil. 

Another fact about me is that I don't usually use pencils on my brows, I much prefer pomades for that bold brow, however as of recently my eyebrows have been getting thicker so a pomade hasn't been needed unless I have a more bold makeup look as a whole. Another brow look/technique I'm hoping to trial out soon is soap brows, I'll release a look here once I have the technique down and have created a look worth sharing. 





Comments