Skip to main content

My Tips For Eyebrows


Brows are one of my favourite things to do in my makeup routine. I tend to start with my brows as they are what frames my face and depending on the makeup look I'm doing, I can decide if I want a strong bold brow or a more natural one. I found brows are a journey when you first start doing your makeup and they aren't easy but practice does make perfect and once you figure out your go-to look, its one of the quickest parts. 

Whatever your brows natural condition is, I hope this post helps you in some way.

Tips:

  1. Take your time/never rush. Brows frame your face so taking time is beneficial. Rushing will lead to harsh lines that may be messy and an uneven pairing. 
  2. Spooly your brows before, during, and after to keep hairs in place and help run product throughout meaning no gaps or bald patches.
  3. Always use brow gel to hold shape and make them smudge proof. 
  4. Start from the bottom of your brow and work up as well as starting from the outer end and working in. 
  5. To create a natural fade in your brow from lighter on the inside to darker on the outside- Draw thin hair strokes at the front, use a lighter hand and the least amount of product in that area of the brow. 
  6. To neaten up your edges, conceal your brows using the smallest bit of concealer on a flat brush. I control the amount on my brush by applying concealer to my hand first. 
  7. Experiment with your shape and what you feel suits your face most. It is your choice how your brows look, and these tips are only for help if you feel you need it. There are no rules when it comes to makeup so don't feel you're doing anything wrong in your own routine. 

Finding the perfect brow product for you:

Pencil- Brow pencils are the perfect product if you want the most natural looking brows. They're ideal for people with sparse tails and gaps in their brows as well as those who like a feathered finish to their hair. 

Powder- In my experience, a powder is always a great thing to use no matter what your nature brow state is.  Anyone can use them and they're one of the easiest products to use. I always recommend this to my friends who are beginners. If you want the softest of brow looks then this product is best, however, I do also use this on my brows after other products, if I need a little something extra. 

Pomade- Pomades are one of my favourite makeup products to try out. Benefit to this day is my most recommended brand for brow pomades. For this product again anyone can use them, however, it all depends on the amount you're using. If you want a very thick bold brow then use a lot of product on sparse brows. if you want a bold look but have already thick brows with little need for drawn on hairs then apply a smaller amount of pomade. 

Brushes- My go-to recommendation for brushes when doing brows is always an angled brush with shorter bristles. This is because the brush is less flexible and its shape helps when applying whatever product you choose to use. 

Gel- The reason I mentioned using brow gel before is that its that perfect product to end on using when you need your brows to be held in place throughout the day and be smudge proof. Anyone can use this and even drugstore brands do good ones. If you don't just want to tame your brows and also want to add more colour then tinted brow gels are also available and work amazingly alone for when you just want a no-makeup makeup look. 


My product recommendations:

Comments

Post a Comment